Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Multiple right leg drives on one arm (EMG)

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkdurrent

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am developing a compact active EMG sensor. The PCB will be together packaged with the stainless steel electrodes. There will be 3 electrodes on each sensor (In+, In-, REF). REF elecrode will be driven with RLD circuit to improve CMRR and will be placed between In+ and In- electrodes.

When the project finished I will be use multiple EMG sensors on one arm.

Sensors will be placed on to the flexor and extensor muscles in the arm, can I use multiple RLD cirtuits on one arm like this manner? Are these RLD circuits will make the output signals more noisy or distorted as they fight each other instead of improving CMRR?

Please see the schematic to understand the problem mor clearly.

Sensor-Placement.jpg

Re: Multiple right led drives on one arm (EMG)

I'm no expert in this so forgive my question - where does "right led" drives come into this?

If the intention is just to take differential measurements about a common (REF) electrode, I don't see any problem in using one common across all sensors and reading In+ and In- for each sensor individually.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.