Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Multiple Net Names in Altium

Status
Not open for further replies.

soner86

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

In a big schematic design, there are several net labels connected to the same node.

When I upload sch to pcb, one is selected arbitrarily. Therefore I may see 'ENABLE_XXYY' label on traces/vias/pads etc. instead of 'GND' for my global gnd.

How can I select the one I want?

Thank you.

What exactly do you mean with a "node"?

In Altium, every net should have a unique net label, otherwise such conflicts might arise. You will be warned about this when you compile your schematic design though. A notable exception are nets connected to Power Ports, they automatically get the same name as their respective Ports.

Nets should only ever have one name! the software should only allow for one net name, some don't which is dangerous.

Sorry for the late reply,

Assigning a unique net name for all the traces ultimately getting together is of course a logical way.
If I connect two net names to each other, altium selects one of them as a common net name. The question is: How can I select it? Not Altium. In hierarchical designs, it is inevitable.

Sorry but I later found the same problem discussed in the forum: https://www.edaboard.com/threads/270803/#post1164647

with no clear answer.

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back