Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MSP430 UART - missing received characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elderflower14

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

My MSP430 is communicating to the a bluetooth module through UART. As soon as the characters are transmitted, the TX line in the bluetooth module goes high. As a response, I receive characters from the bluetooth module, my UART interrupt triggers but I receive the same character over and over again instead of a string of characters. I have tried the same program from PC to the bluetooth module and it works. I am thinking my MSP430 RXBUF is eating up the characters. I have set the baud rate to 115200 kbps and my external crystal frequency is 3.6864 MHz. So I have set my UCA0BR0 = 0x20 and UCA0BR1=0x00. Still unable to understand the behaviour. Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.