Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MS51DA9AE (NUVOTON)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavlik

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
MS51DA9AE (NUVOTON)
I like this microcontroller.
Maybe someone knows and can suggest a BASIC for it.
I will not write Windows :)
I just want to blink some light bulbs.

Hi,

As far as I can see this is a 8051 compatible device (please check).
So you may use software/compiler/IDE for 8051.

You say - you like it - ... so how did you program it till now?

Klaus

I've been using MicroBasic for PIC + ASM for a long time and am very happy with it.
But I have to switch to Nuvoton.

Not clear what you are asking for. A BASIC interpreter running on MS51DA9AE, a PC 8051 cross compiler?

To be more specific: I am looking for a BASIC compiler for the MS51DA9AE (NUVOTON).

Presently, mikroBasic for 8051 seems to have full support for Atmel and Silabs chips. But I expect, it can be configured for other 8051 processors as well.

I doubt it.
It's a different chip manufacturer.

Last edited:

Hi,

maybe you can find some documents about compatibility...in a way you can use a compiler with a setup for a different chip.

Btw:
In my eyes the step from PIC to 8051 is a step back. Is there a reson fro it?

Klaus

Thank you for your reply.
Unfortunately.
PICs have become expensive and I don't have Silabs for sale.
Forced to look for a replacement for smaller tasks.

I doubt it.
It's a different chip manufacturer.
It's the same instructions set and mostly identical SFR addresses. You probably need to edit some register definitions. There may be restrictions due to the concept of Mikroelektronika compilers to hide library code from the user. It's however worth a try.

I can tell, that I was able to develop code for new 8051 processors, e.g. Analog Devices ADuC with industry standard C compilers like Keil by just editing the memory ranges and SFR addresses.

Thank you for your reply.
I agree with you.
I know it won't be easy, but I'll give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.