Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MS microelectronics thesis help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingearlkwan

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

I am now currently on start of my masters degree in microelectronics and even if we haven't got all of the core subjects yet,we are force to have already a thesis topic by next quarter.
Can anyone suggest a topic to which I can have my thesis? With your suggestions maybe I can get Ideas to where I'll start with. I would prefer cmos digital design topic but I haven't yet decided on a concrete topic since I dont have yet enough knowledge regarding IC design. So far I only knew how to simulate on SPICE and lay out simple logic gates and some knowledge on HDL since we are still on introductory. Your help would be much appreciated thanks!

Regards.

R u interested in VLSI physical desigin ?
so i can support u,on what i am working with?

Hi kck,

Thanks for your response. What you mean is that you already have the circuit for the VLSI design and by physical design means that you are already on the lay out phase?Btw What specific topic do you have?

Thanks.

for present i am working on some design
done synthesis & need to proceed with PnR.

What circuit design are you working on right now?Btw what is pnr?

Circuit is confinential

PnR means
placement
clock tree synthesis
routing

these 3 steps r basic for vlsi physical design to generate layout for a chip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back