Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] [MOVED] Transformer replacement query ....URGENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jigar 4 Electronics

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello friends,
I need to replace a transformer from my circuit. i. e. I want 12v A.C. signal but the local transformer of a big size makes my circuit too big ...and the size of a circuit is very important for me.

so can anyone tell me how can I get 12V A.C. signal ??? any small and light weight transformer? ?? is that available? ?? please help me.. I am in urgent ...
thanks in advance.

Re: Transformer replacement query ....URGENT

What you wants to build? How small transformer you need?

You can use non-isolated power supply, it is very smart but it is not safe for use for all subjects. whoever you should use just Resistors and Capacitors for making AC voltage
https://www.edaboard.com/threads/240177/

Last edited:

what is your power requirement ?, the transformer size depends on the power ie VA

There are many small 12V transformers available, for example here and here.

tell your actual requirement ? transformer current ,volt ?

Actual requirement is 12V , 500 mA A.C. Supply...
By the way thanks for your replies friends.

you will get small transformer for 12v 500ma , using type 17 core about 1" stack

Hello friends,
I need to replace a transformer from my circuit. i. e. I want 12v A.C. signal but the local transformer of a big size makes my circuit too big ...and the size of a circuit is very important for me.

so can anyone tell me how can I get 12V A.C. signal ??? any small and light weight transformer? ?? is that available? ?? please help me.. I am in urgent ...
thanks in advance.

Extract small trafo from cheap small chinese power supply like this, I often use this small trafo from this. Its good and cost me 1,5eur, also have multiple secundar windings with several voltahe outputs, up to 300mA current :

Makrokiller-SNIZENO-_slika_L_2520053.jpg

Strujni-ispravljac_slika_L_2512763.jpg

Adapter-ispravljac-punjac-12V-500mA_slika_L_2121014.jpg

**broken link removed**

You don't need to replace that transformer you can rewind the original one

Most probably your original transformer is sealed. Thats why you can not repair it. Now you buy or collect (like from chinease adapter) an exact size transformer. Then rewind it to exact ampere, by transformer repair person. I think, you can make 12v/300mA transformer to 12v/500mA, because in chinease transformer I saw there is sufficient gap for more copper to do this.

the transformer power cannot increase by adding more copper to it, there are some calculation based co core area

Status
Not open for further replies.