Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved] Select a correct voltage controlled oscillator IC

Status
Not open for further replies.

pequenochip

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need to generate a sine signal using a VCO (voltage controlled oscillator) in order to feed a PLL (Phase-locked loop). I need the output to be 12.8MHz and 3.3Vp-p.

I bought at RS a VCO reference 7099357

Despite the datasheet says: "Output Level (CMOS) Output High (Logic “1”) - - 90% VDD" I can only have an output of 1.2Vp-p. Output frequency is 12.8 as expected. The IC is being feed with 3.3V DC.

What feature do I need to look at in order to select a componen that has the desired 3.3Vp-p output? Do you know any specific component I should use?

This is how I'm connecting the IC

Dibujo.JPG

**broken link removed**

That device is a digital output (CMOS), not a sine-wave.

How are you measuring your output?

If you need your "output to be 12.8MHz", why do you need a VCO? If you really need a VCO, what's your frequency range? Accuracy?

Are you measuring with scope? how do you get a 1.2?
you should measure a 3.3v square wave on this circuit, it seems that you are measuring half of the amplitude, do you use any filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.