Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[MOVED] Puresine wave inverter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mosets are a much better idea.

You will need a dual gate driver chip such as a ICL7667 convert the 5 volt signal from the processor to the required 12 volt signal to drive the gates.
That will invert the signal, but a simple change to software will fix that.

Mosets are a much better idea.
but a simple change to software will fix that.

I have no control over the software of the circuit the HEX is also found on the website.

If it was arduino I could show the code and see where it could be modified, so basically if I use dual gate driver chip then the code needs to be modified?

I have no control over the software of the circuit the HEX is also found on the website.
Software to toggle two pins is VERY simple and can run in a smaller PIC than the 16F628. I have done it in a PIC10F200 before and made it switchable 50Hz/60Hz.

Brian.

while that might be true I actually dont understand what it is that I am to do, also I already have the pic16f628a so I would still use it, I dont have any other.

When you say toggle 2 pins I guess you mean the 2 output pins need to be switching on and off but isnt that how the inverter is now working in its present state?

Even if thats not how its working and i still need a simple software as you said to switch two pins, so would that software modify the HEX file or create a new HEX file to flash I dont know anything about HEX files and programming the only method I was trying before was with arduino.

Does the inverter with the Pic produce a sinewave, a squarewave or a modified sinewave? Since it is very crude it has no voltage regulation using negative feedback from its output so I would think its output voltage is too high with a low power load and its voltage is too low with a heavy load and when its battery has been used for a while. It does not detect a low battery voltage then shut off so it will ruin a battery the first time it runs the battery voltage down too low.

The description says puresinewave, and I am aware it doesnt have those extra features in it so thats why so far I have gathered circuits to build externally add to the inverter.

here is the wave forms I got from the person who made the inverter

Those crude oscilloscope images prove nothing. The circuit as shown simply will not work properly. The PIC simply insn't capable of producing sine waves like that so the first image is probably showing some resonance effect with the transformer inductance. The waveform would change as the load increases. If PWM is being generated in software and the transformer is being used to recreate the 50Hz AC envelope, it would be extremely inefficient and the current would be very high all the time. There isn't enough detail in the middle picture to see what it showing.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.