Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[MOVED] Meeting with a PCB manufacturer

Status
Not open for further replies.

contractman

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
We are a company that are planning to produce our own Digital STB, therefore we have some meetings planned with the PCBA manufacturers in China. What kind of questions do you think is proper to ask ?

Important thing for us is of course the quality so we don't get cheated with cheap stuff that broke after short while. Is there any way to stress test the PCBA ?

I believe one of the main requirements is the auditability of the service performed, ie, it would be advisable that your company develop a testing jig on a distinguished supplier of PCBA manufacturer, so that it could ensure the inviolability of the process.

Another issue concerns to the quality of components used to assemble. As much as possible, you must define on BOM the exact P/N, so that supply of these components come from reliable supplier/brands.

hi
I think some of the large PCB manufacturers will have a good service, it is important to confirm the contract and the parties responsible.
Thanks

Don't do it via China, do it via a Hong Kong contractor with their own factory, sign any 'contracts' in Hong Kong and you will be fully covered to international law standards.
A contract/agreement written in China is not worth the paper it is written on.

Sorry but that is the way it is.

Hong Kong is a part of China, many hongkong's factories established in Guangdong.
How could you say that? Once you've been slaved, then you mind also been slaved!

Please notice that Edaboard forum rules don't allow "Discussions of politics, ethnicity, religion, or other divisive issues in any area."

I presume that the original question has been answered. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.