Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[MOVED]Making your own parts on eaglecad and using I2C

Status
Not open for further replies.

David_B

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
~Hi Sorry I dont know if this is the appropriate thread for this so please pm me if i get it wrong~

Hi Everyone, im doing a project and need some advice if thats ok

Im designing a PCB on eaglecad and need to use a 28pin header. The header with the correct pitch is only 26 pin or 32 pin. How can I redesign the part so that it has a 28 pin header in the library? Is it a difficult and complicated processs?

Secondly, I will be interfacing a beagle board with an LCD so if anyone is able to provide me with some info on how to program that in c and how to use I2C it'd be great

thanks for the help, all the best

Simple copy the part with either too many or too few pins to a new name then either delete or add what is required. If you are adding pins you will need to make sure you have set the right grid for the connector pitch.

If you haven't been through any tutorials you need to be aware the at part is a combination of two things - the footprint and the symbol. So, you need a symbol with the right number of pins as well as the footprint. You then need to create the part, place the symbol, select the package and connect them. It is best to follow a tutorial first so you get the hang of it. Make sure all layers are turned on when copying otherwise you might have important bits missing.

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back