Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[MOVED] Is it necessary to replace my laptop battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

laptopxwjj

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I've bought my laptop about 1 year ago. At first, my laptop battery can back me about one and half hours. Every time when i start my laptop, it always says the battery is low and it can only last for less than 30 minutes. One of mu friends has told me to do something to prolong the life of my laptop battery. Is it complicated Or Is it necessary for me to buy a new one?

If you have charged and discharged the battery every day then that makes hundreds of cycles. That is a lot for rechargeable batteries. So it is not surprising if their capacity is declining.

Eventually you will need a new battery pack.

Do you see a light which indicates that the batteries are charging? It should go off after a while. As long as the batteries get charged, things are still working okay.

Windows OS has a battery monitor control panel. You can observe its remaining capacity, and you can see how quickly it is charging or discharging.

Status
Not open for further replies.