Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[moved] Hi power DC electric buggy using 2 alternators as motors, 2 pushbikes, & PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JamesBond001

[moved] Hi power DC electric buggy using 2 alternators as motors, 2 pushbikes, & PIC

Hello guys and gals

I am building an electric 4 wheeled buggy from 2 pushbikes, 2 alternators converted to 3 pole electronic motors driving each back wheel, and a Peripheral Interface Controller [PIC].

My reasons are that I believe that controlling each back wheel separately using an intelligent controller, I can do away with a mechanical differential, brake disks and pads, and reduce the complexity of a typical petrol car from many hundreds of moving parts, to 2 rotating armatures, and a pulley drive system for each back wheel.

As I build and develop it, I want to keep the community informed, as it may answer some questions that have been asked, and may be asked in the future.

Here is a proof of concept picture of the buggy. Pic_1114_025.jpg

Here is the electronic build so far, 3 very high current switches.
Pic_1114_014.jpg

At the moment, I am new to this site, so I am keeping the info to a minimum until I get used to it.

Its a very cool project, and I look forward to any feedback:-o

Status
Not open for further replies.