Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[MOVED] Dimplex EPX 2000 Panel Heater

Status
Not open for further replies.

invisible-man

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

My Dimplex EPX Panel Heater comes on when requested but is more like pulsating/cycling as it heats including the heat light.......

I know this is down to the electronic control panel px08014 but can anyone give there ideas to the part on the control that may be causing it.......

I have changed the transistor BTA16-600B but has not made any difference

Would rather change a part than the whole board at £60......

2 photos below,

I can tell you that the output 220v live is the red wire between the 2 blue wires, it appears to be fed from the middle leg of the transistor BTA16-600B and is only live when thermostat is in heat mode, the other 2 outer legs seem to be live permanently, it is the center leg that is cycling on the output many times a second, the other 2 legs are steady 220v.........

Did read that this type of transistor may rely on a snubber capacitor etc to control the input side to the transistor, could there be a fault there?

Many thanks,

IMAG0245.jpgIMAG0247.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back