Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] [moved] Designing Interface Adapter for Gamecube Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, melted insulation usually means you used to hot of a soldering iron or held it in place for to long.

ok but does this look like melted insulation to you? i am asking if it looks like ive done something wrong here

hey guys im in the middle of the project as i type this but i wanted to ask you if this looks about right to you i ask bc i dont have a multimeter so i wont know if i did good until i put it all together. anyways do they look ok? coild i possibly have crossed or ruined something?

As ads-ee indicated, the insulation melting at the solder joint usually indicates the solder iron was either left on the joint too long or the solder iron is too hot. Actually a couple of the solder joints look cold. You might also benefit by applying a little liquid solder flux to the solder pad before it is heated, have the wire stripped and ready but not in contact with the joint yet, heat the solder joint when it melts insert the wire quick into the melted solder, this should help prevent the insulation from melting and ensure the solder joint was well heated, preventing a cold joint.

BigDog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back