Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved] Dell N5o5o Drivers for XP SP3

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabaYaga

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Guys,
I bought a new Dell N5050 Laptop which comes with Ubuntu, most of my work is on Windows XP so i installed Windows Xp SP3, but when i went for online download of supporting Drivers then i was surprised to see that Dell doesn't provide Xp drivers for this laptop version.
please help me guys in solving this problem.

Laptop Configuration
BIOS - A03
CPU - B960@2.2GHz
Ram - 4GB
OS - Windows XP SP3

Let me know if any other details are required.

Why do you want to install Win XP on your Laptop ?? If you want to use your Hardware to the fullest extent go for Win 7 64bit.. Also all the software that works on Win XP will work on Win 7 aswell..

I have a lot of Licensed EDA tools which work only on Windows Xp and that is the reason i have installed windows xp.
Do u also own this laptop?

Try uisng the compatibility option which is present in Win 7, it usually works. Another way of doing it is to run Win XP on a virtual machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back