Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved] DC Servo Motors behaviour at stall condition??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry Mughal

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
i need to provide a reactional torque to my hand by using a dc servo motor in current control mode. however i am just wondering what would happen to dc motor at stall torque?? i mean if i put my hand on the shaft and resist the generated torque by motor. At the same time if i control the current to the dc motor, will i be able to feel the corresponding changes in generated torque, will it be safe for motor.?? Actually em new at motors so need guidence from u guys. Regards!

Hi,

Most power loss (temperature rise) of a motor is caused by the motor current.
Therefore in most cases you are safe as long as the motor current is below it's rated current.
(If you use pulsed current, then you need to know RMS current instead of average current)

Klaus

Hi all,
.... will i be able to feel the corresponding changes in generated torque, will it be safe for motor.?? !

you will feel the torque generated.

"is safe or not for the motor?"

As KlausST has noted ,
you must supply the motor within the rated current.

Status
Not open for further replies.