Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Motor driver problem - the D6 will become very hot

Status
Not open for further replies.

omid_juve

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
motor driver problem?

Dear my friend
please have a look at the attached drawing . this is a pwm motor driver . it really works and i test it. but the problem is that with any types of diode that i put instead of D6 in my circuit the D6 will become very hot . please give me an advise to correct my drawing.
Thanks

motor driver problem?

What's the load current? You may simply need a diode with a higher current rating. Even with a none-perfect gate drive, D6 shouldn't show higher losses. The bootstrap circuit most likely doesn't work with all possible duty cycles, but that's another topic.

Re: motor driver problem?

the load current is about 7A also can you please tell me what should be the frequency of the timer so az the mosfet and diode become less hot?

Status
Not open for further replies.