Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Motherboar ACER Laptop can't receive power

Status
Not open for further replies.

fania12

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone...

I've just cleaned up the whole inside my ACER 4520 mobo, and give some thermal paste on proc. Lately i faced an overheat problem, that's why i decided to clean up my mobo. After clean up everything, including the fan, the mobo seems have no power to wake up.

I try to to connect the power and the battery, the led signal seems give a sign that ac power can charging the battery. But there was nothing happen to my mobo. It seems like no problem on power board. don't even hear any sound. I just hear a low clicking for many times when i try to keep pushed the power switch button.

I tried to ask my friends, and he said that if that there was a problem with any chipset or gpu, i can't fix it even when i bring it to the service. The repairing will just temporarely. Is i

Can you help me please to solve this problem. I hope i still can fix it. I'm not an expert about electronic, :-(
So sorry for my poor english.

Regards,
Fania

Dear Fania,
Survey there is no smd component broken when you decided to clean your laptop board. however this event is maybe related to supply circuit controlled by south bridge. Did you disconnect CPU or RAM ? if yes then please check them for properly installation.
Regards.
Davoud.

Dear Fania,
Survey there is no smd component broken when you decided to clean your laptop board. however this event is maybe related to supply circuit controlled by south bridge. Did you disconnect CPU or RAM ? if yes then please check them for properly installation.
Regards.
Davoud.

Hi Davoud, thanks for your reply.

Yes I did. I have already put them back properly. Nothing's change :(

Can you give me recommendation, where should i take a look at those south bridge connection that i should check? Or any flowchart? I'll take the multimeter on it. I don't really understand about the component inside.

You could not able to find error without instruction manual. please be careful and if you have not experience about motherboard repairing and it's parts ,do not attempt to repair that!
Most laptops power circuit controlled by South bridge IC and power controller like BQ24745 however another controllers may be have feedback of that.

You could not able to find error without instruction manual. please be careful and if you have not experience about motherboard repairing and it's parts ,do not attempt to repair that!
Most laptops power circuit controlled by South bridge IC and power controller like BQ24745 however another controllers may be have feedback of that.

yes, you absolutely right. i don't think i can fix them if the rapairment should have some soldering things to pull out or put any part on motherboard. So, what do you suggest for me, bring it to the service? Or Is there any easy repairement that i can do?

Please survey all of parts for correct installation : 1-RAM 2- CPU (check all pins before installation) 3- CPU Fan power-cord 4-HDD,DVD Player,Bluetooth , WiFi,...
If all of them are Okay bring it to service.

Please survey all of parts for correct installation : 1-RAM 2- CPU (check all pins before installation) 3- CPU Fan power-cord 4-HDD,DVD Player,Bluetooth , WiFi,...
If all of them are Okay bring it to service.

Yes, i think i should bring it to service now. I have put it all of the things you mention above back correctly, but again, nothing change. I gave up... :(

Ok, thank you so much for your time and suggestions. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.