Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MOSFET relays for switching

Status
Not open for further replies.

popoyboys

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
May i know if someone here has done circuit designs and completed projects using MOSFET relays insead of the coil-type relays?
May I know where I can find good references relating to this?

For low current use I have used the 4066 IC quad bilateral switch. It works very much like a relay. Four switches are on one chip.

It can control AC or DC signal in either direction. Pull the control pin low to obtain hi impedance between the output pins. Pull the control high to obtain 80 ohms impedance between the output pins.

To switch high current there are solid state relays. I have a few that are unmarked. They have several pins, also unmarked. I don't know what's inside them, whether mosfets or triacs. Nor do I know how to make them work.

That's okay because when I have wanted to switch current, I have usually found a way to do it with a single transistor.

I think you can refer the application note from manufacturers for solid state relays, I guess that would be good starting point.

Status
Not open for further replies.