Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

mosfet driving circut

Status
Not open for further replies.

unelco

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
sir,

I aleardy used ir2110 ic for mosfet driving.But i have a doubt ,i used 3 mosfet per channel,how amplify 2110 gate drive (6nos mosfet per channel) .please help me

Why not connect a totem-pole at outputs of IR2110?

What is the frequency and which MOSFETs are used? Depending on these two you might not even need an amplifier, as IR2110 can supply upto 2A current.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Are you driving MOSFETs with transistor or just output of a microcontroller ?? Please explain..

i used mosfet p90nf03,p80nf10 these mosfet are used.my switching frequancy 10khz

can you please provide me the datasheets for these MOSFETs(Sorry, I was not able to find one). I just want to know the charging current required. Then I can help you..
Thanks in advance..

Thanks for the datasheet...
As per the datasheet, total charge required is a maximum of 189nC, which is very low.
Even if you are operating at 1% duty cycle, as per calculation, Current required for 1 MOSFET is about 190mA.
As Tahmid said, IR2110 IC supplies 2A per channel(I refered datasheet also).
Even if you are connecting 10 MOSFETs per channel, it will draw only 1.9A, which this IC can supply.
So you can connect 6 MOSFETs. No Problem.

Have you tested already??

Thanks for your valid replay,I tried this very soon and replay it ,

Status
Not open for further replies.