Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MOS smaller than the contact head for tsmc 0.18

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilter

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,
I have a question. I use tmsc 0.18µm. I use miminum width of 0.22µm and length of 0.18µm. Can this one be draw in layout? Because it must use contact.
But contact's width and length are longer than my mos. It may be errors.
Thanks. If you know,please tell me.

tsmc018

You can widen and extend the poly to surround the contact without changing the mos.

tsmc018

TSMC comes with PCELL for this transistors, so just check them.

Re: tsmc018

seanwu said:
You can widen and extend the poly to surround the contact without changing the mos.

My question is w=0.22u and but contact must be 0.4u*0.4u.
If my width is smaller contact. It's will be errors.
How do I layout and not to change size.
Thanks.

Hi,

This kind of MOS are know as "mos smaller than the contact head".
Compare to a mos which = or bigger than the contact head you will need the rule SPACING_ACTIVE_POLY. Draw ACTIVE like a bone with your desired witdh in the middle and add one contact on each side. Then the SPACING_ACTIVE_POLY (in fact SPACING_ACTIVE_POLY) will define your minimal drawing.
Franck.

franck said:
Hi,

This kind of MOS are know as "mos smaller than the contact head".
Compare to a mos which = or bigger than the contact head you will need the rule SPACING_ACTIVE_POLY. Draw ACTIVE like a bone with your desired witdh in the middle and add one contact on each side. Then the SPACING_ACTIVE_POLY (in fact SPACING_ACTIVE_POLY) will define your minimal drawing.
Franck.
Dear Franck,
Can you draw a picture? Let me know more. Thanks.
yen

franck said:
Hope it's ok now ...
Thanks.
I think green is poly.
But I am not sure red , blue and yellow.
Thanks.

GREEN = POLY
BLUE = ACTIVE
YELLOW = CONTACT
RED = METAL1

franck said:
GREEN = POLY
BLUE = ACTIVE
YELLOW = CONTACT
RED = METAL1

I don't see ACTIVE.
Does it not need DIFF?
Thank you very much.

????????????????????????
Could you explain me what you are doing because I'm a little bit scared (I mean for you) by your 2 last questions?
BLUE = ACTIVE AREA or if you want DIFFUSION or DIFF or THOX ...
There is also a implant or implantation ... layer which enclose the diffusion which will define the type of your MOS (in white on the picture!!!).
... and the mos is define by the intersection of the poly and the active area ... in your case 220 by 180 to come back to the first question...

tsmc018

Layout is just masks' definition, diffusion or implantation will be done unter the masks' control during manufacture.

Yes and so ...
That has nothing to do with the initial question.
What was the point of this remark please?
Anyway is it clear for you now ilter? That would be great to have an answer from you.

Franck

Dear all,
Thank you very much. I have already know. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back