Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

More confusing on Microprocessordeciding wordlength

Status
Not open for further replies.

srutisahoo

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
1:=How does the word length of the processor is decided???
whether by the width of the processor or the wordlength of the processor or both..
or any other factor is taken into consideration.

Any other factors like Program counter,Instruction Registor.

2:- if there are 64no of total opcodes for a particular microprocessor than what is the wordlength of the processor????

No Actually i want to tell u that in 8085 dere are 256 opcodes which is 2^8...but 74 instructions.
So if dere will be 64 opcodes then it must be 6-bit Microprocessor.. whether i m right or not i don't know this question was asked in an interview to me.i hv given this answer.whether i am right or not???i don't know.. plz help me

The size of internal registers (sp. Accumulator)

It depends on the classification of the microprocessor. But, majorly, it, depends on the date size required for precision, the memory size required for application, and finally the number of opcodes for execution efficiency.

ya its depend on classification on microprocessor

Size DOES NOT depend on the data bus or address bus size !!

For exmaple, check the size of the bus of data bus or address bus size of various line of Pentium processors !

Infact .. after you are done searching for them... post them here too.

Readup BREY's book for details !

Someone should upload the ebook of BREY

Can Anybody plz upload BREY's book???

Altough this is not the forum to do that, AND I already have this request in my previous post, I think srutisahoo is right.

I have BREY, but finding it out and looking through is a pain !

Status
Not open for further replies.