Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Monitor RGB Colour Mixture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shu

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi master,

Someone give me Sony GDM-20E20 monitor. It's works, internally look untouched. The colour look dull (reddish). It has OSD for colour adjustments (scale 0-100 for each colour). I've tried several combinations, but still can't get the right colour. Any guide or ratio to get the right colour ?.

Thanks in advance

The monitor should have *two* adjustment for each color: one adjusts the gain, the other adjusts the DC offset. Sometimes these controls are accessible from pushbuttons, sometimes they are trimpots inside the unit, usually on the PC board at the neck of the CRT.

However, some monitors (especially Sony) deliberately hide these adjustment so you have to send the monitor to a factory service center where they use special software to access the controls. That's a sad situation!

The driver of the video card most probably has a colour adjustment.Try accessing it.

I'm a little bit scare to do internal adjustments. I grabbed batdin ideas. Original AGP do not have that facilty, I change the AGP to a new one.... Wow......everything is there with a few more adjustment....

:D A 20 inches monitor for free :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back