Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ModelSIM simulation works but not on the board

Status
Not open for further replies.

yousuf14

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Well when I simulate it in the modle sim it shows the right wave forms for the intialization then writing of the letter. But it does not work in the board it self.

My problem

There are many causes for this. The #1 cause is an error in your UCF file that determines which IOB is defined to be on which physical pin. Since ModelSim does not use the UCF, these errors will never be caught in simulation.

After pin assignment mistakes, the usual problems are wrong IO type being used which sets the wrong IO thresholds. Also, parts stuck in reset due to either the wrong reset polarity or a missing clock. Finally, if your design has a large # of combinatorial delays, it can fail in the real part but pass in simulation. The reason is functional simulation is unit delay simulation so large combinatorial delays are invisible.

Re: My problem

Hi
did u do post synthesis simulation using modelsim .
bye.

try maxpluseII.

Peyman said:
try maxpluseII.
this would be the best option. all ur timing information is included in simulation and u know to get @ what points it is failing. as told u need to check ur IOB clk points as well. try debugging using chipscope.

regards
srinivas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back