Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ModelSim re-launches an "infinite" number of times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morcov19

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, all,

I'm recently having a problem with my ModelSim Student Edition (ModelSim PE Student Edition 10.3d, Revision: 2014.10, Date: Oct 7 2014).

As of 4h ago, without (voluntarily or apparently) changing any settings, whenever I try to Edit a Verilog file belonging to my current project, in ModelSim, the program re-launches again and again and again with no apparent end (other than using up all available resources) and the only solution I have is to log off / restart / shut down.

A temporary "fix" is to edit the .v files in Notepad++ and to just Compile and Simulate in ModelSim, but it's obviously an unacceptable state of affairs.

Does anyone, kindly, have any ideas as to what might be the problem?
I tried looking the problem up on the internet, but I couldn't find anything relevant.

Thanks in advance! :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back