Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Model that can approximate the time-varying channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

fielix

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all:
I am a newbie in time-varying channel and I want to know is there any model that can approximate the time-varying channel?

thank you!

Re: Time-varying channel

One popular category for time varying channels considers fading such as in the Raleigh Fading model.

**broken link removed**

Time-varying channel

Hi
In most case, Time varing channels, is modeled with low pass FIR filter with time varing coefficients. so shape and cutoff frequency of channel are time varing. it is useful in equlization.

Time varying channel is often characterized by its Doppler spectrum. Intuitively, the higher the Doppler shift (caused by higher mobility), the faster channel changes.

However, time varying nature of channel, characterized by Doppler spectrum, does not lend itself to analysis. A good simplified model is finite state Markov channel (FSMC). FSMC is widely used in acadimia.

A good survey of FSMC can be found in Goldsmith's book, Section 3.2.4.
**broken link removed**

as I know, the time-varying channel can be approximated as fourier basis expansion model, is there any useful materials for it?

Hi guys,

can you help me , i intend to simulate a PSD estimator using the "basis expansion model" .please send me some matlab codes which tells how basis expansion model actually works i would be very grateful.

thanks

I only know that the FIR is changing continuously over the time. But I need more obvious explanation about its difference with non time varying channel. Could someone help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.