Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Modbus RTU sensor, MAX485, Controllino MAXI(Arduino Mega 2560 PLC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nur_Alya

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi. I was given a task to do a school project using Controllino MAXI/Arduino Mega 2560 with MAX485 and a Modbus RTU sensor where the objective is to get some reading from the sensor.

Here I am struggling with coding and connection for it. I wanted to ask for advice, opinion on the things I've done with it at the moment. As I am lost with on how to use the one MAX485 as transmitter/receiver in getting values from the sensor to the Controllino.

At the moment;
Sensor: Brown -> External power supply, B -> B MAX485, A -> A MAX485, Black -> GND Controllino
MAX485: DE & RE -> GND, DI -> TX3 Controllino, RO -> RX Controllino, VCC -> 5V RS485 Controllino, GND -> GND Controllino
Controllino : No connection at the moment

Is it true? Or fine with what I am doing at the moment?

Hi,

you need a schematic.
and you need to read modbus specification and go through some tutorials. There are even videos.

Klaus

I expect that existing Arduino MODBUS RTU client examples bring all what you want, as a starting point see

Hi,

Short the RE and DE pin in the MAXRS-485 IC and give to one Controller pin to control the Receive/Transmit

If that pin High --> Transmit
If that pin Low --> Receive

Regards,
V. Prakash

Status
Not open for further replies.