Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mixer Design for Low Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

varaprasad

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Iam designing Dual mode Oscillator using SC-CUT crystal in C-mode.I have two frequencies ie.,one is direct 3rd overtone 10.000 500 MHz and another one is fundamental frequency x3 (3.333 000MHz x 3 = 9.999 999MHz).

I want to mix these two frequencies and i need beat frequency(difference frequency) of 500Hz.Pls suggest me suitable mixer type for this low frequency.Is it necessary low pas filter after mixer?

Thanks

You can use Mini-Circuits ADE-1LH+, yes, you need a LPF for filtering IF.

Thanks for your reply.Is it possible to implement mixer with D Flip flop.If possible pls give me the test circuit for this.

A ‘D’ flip-flop can be used as a mixer. The circuit receives inputs both from two oscillators and produces an output which is the difference of the two input frequencies.

Here is a schematic example that use a flip-flop as a mixer:

**broken link removed**

My goodness, are people still building that metal detector from 1978.

Just happened to come across this thread while looking for a suitable mixer for an HF radio project.

Phil Wait

You didn't "Wait" enough :) Maybe after another 30 years all of us we'll use spark-gap transmitters and a coherer-receivers.

:grin: Maybe that's why I spend my time building valve amplifiers - back to the future!

Phil

Very well. Who don't know the history don't have a future. Good luck!

It is really interesting. Maybe some "old" technologies can be used in MEMs.

Status
Not open for further replies.