Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

mismatch inputs in complex filter for wireless comminication

Status
Not open for further replies.

776ft

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am working on a complex filter for wireless communication, 6-stage, biquards structure, for ideal inputs, the outputs is good enough. the image suppression (-2M Hz) is 70dB, but when mismatch occurs in the inputs (0.3dB in magnitude and 1° in phase), the image suppression have reduced to 34dB,(what i need in 35dB at least) which was run in TT case, process variation could make it worse.

considering adding it to 8-stage, and i simulate it, in ideal case, the image suppression is 90dB, but when I make it 0.3dB & 1° mismatch, the image suppression is still 34dB, i don't know whether it is proper.

and how should I improve the image suppression in mismatch inputs?

Re: mismatch inputs in complex filter for wireless comminica

Maybe you can refer to:

"A Pseudo-differential cpmplex filter for bluetooth with frequency tuning", Ahmed A.Emira and Edgar Sanchez, JSSC October 2003.

He doesn't speak about mismatches but he considers an IRR of 45 dB ( image suppresion of 30 dB ) as acceptable.

thank you
as you said, he didn't mention about the mismatch case, which i care about much,
i will read that paper in detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back