Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MIMO system exploiting partial channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayzchiew

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,
I'm currently doing my bachelor's degree final year project entitled MIMO system exploiting partial channel and signal information. I've simulated an estimated channel based on the Least Squared method through a pilot symbol.

The receiver has the estimated channel. The BER performance would undoubtedly be worse in the estimated channel compared with the original perfect knowledge of the channel.

The MIMO system is based on the Alamouti's scheme with two transmitting antenna through a flat fading Rayleigh channel with 1 till 3 receiving antenna. M-PSK modulation scheme have been used in the simulation.

Now here comes the hard part, how would I exploit the available channel knowledge (the estimated channel from the Least Squared method) to improve the BER vs SNR performance?

Your views and help into this matter is greatly appreciated. Thank You

i could feedback the estimated channel to the transmitter as CSI but I've no idea how would i be able to exploit the knowledge of the channel in the transmitter.

I've read through some books and journals and most of them are mostly mathematical models and did not explain in details on the system model.

Help needed please... Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.