Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microwave Office 2008 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

nova

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,

I have a computer with a Q8200 (Core 2 quad) and 4GB of RAM and I have Windows XP Professional 64-bit installed. When I start a EM simulation in Microwave Office 2008, after a couple of minutes everything just "gets frozen" (no application/program can be started, the simulation does not run) and I have to restart my computer.

I don't have problems with other softwares. Also, this problem does not occur on a computer with dual core processor.

Does anyone know how to deal with this problem? Does MWO 2008 have options or settings related to number of processors?

Thanks for any help!

Hello nova,

I am also using similar machine configurations quad core, 8GB RAM, Windows XP Professional 64-bit with AWR MWO 2008 V8.03 & able to simulate EMSight simulations without any problems...

upload or send your *.emp MWO project file...I will verify on machine & will provide you inputs or feedback...

manjunatha_hv@ieee.org

---manju---

Manjunatha_hv said:
Hello nova,

I am also using similar machine configurations quad core, 8GB RAM, Windows XP Professional 64-bit with AWR MWO 2008 V8.03 & able to simulate EMSight simulations without any problems...

upload or send your *.emp MWO project file...I will verify on machine & will provide you inputs or feedback...

manjunatha_hv(at)ieee.org

---manju---

Whaoo !
What is the price of such machine ?
I need one like that for PLS.

Hello AdvaRes,

It around Rs 75K in Bangalore...

---manju---

Manjunatha_hv said:
Hello AdvaRes,

It around Rs 75K in Bangalore...

---manju---