Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microwave Health Effects

Status
Not open for further replies.

saeddawoud

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
microwave health effects

Hello,
In my country, a mobile phone company deployed a base station near some houses and a water source. I want to ask: what are the effects of the elecromegnatic waves on people and water?
Regrads

health mhz microwaves 2009

While I would not want to stand directly in front of a transmitting antenna, if the antenna is high above the ground, and you are any distance away, there will be negligible microwave energy where you are standing. The microwave field dies down very quickly with distance.

gsm bts health effects

I have a very good study of RF influence over human body, but is in Spanish.
The maximum rf power of GSM base station is about 20 watts , and if antennas are 50 meters over ground and you in ground you are expoused to about .1 mw (nothing) but when you talk with your cellular far from base station your phone uses 2 watt in 850/900 Mhz and 1 watt in 1800/1900 Mhz.
Really don't worry for the base station, but don't use you cell phone.
The article said one hour talking in you cell is equivalet to live 45 years 100 meters away from base station.
Somethig to think about.
Sorry my English is bad.

Mr. Brumi told is right .....and u don't worry about that.............

Thank you all. So, as I understand, the health effects of base stations is necligible, but the long-term use of cell phones has some effects. But what about the effects of the microwaves on the water source? Any study about that?
Regrads

The maximum output power of a BTS could be 80W, and sometimes they use boosters up to 140W.
So, unfortunately, you have to do again the calculation because I do not want to stay 45 years under a BS to see that 20 would be enough :D

vfone said:
The maximum output power of a BTS could be 80W, and sometimes they use boosters up to 140W.
So, unfortunately, you have to do again the calculation because I do not want to stay 45 years under a BS to see that 20 would be enough :D
Don't forget to add the gain of the antennas (less the loss of the cable) to get the erp of the site. This, of course, assumes that only one transmit channel is in use in that sector. Typically there are three seperate RF channels in operation on each sector so the E-field is increased. However typical levels experienced in public areas near cellular BTS are around 1/1000 of ICNIRP level for public exposure. Max field is around 50m from mast (from memory) owing to antenna pattern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back