Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microprocessor interfacing with TCP/IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyglin

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
interfacing rtl8029as microcontroller

I'm currently working with my partner on our senior design project called Bar Code Detecter, a door lock system that unlocks when correct information is entered (swiping use a card or controlled through TCP/IP). My job is to program the microprocessor to control the operation of the system and its interfacing with TCP/IP. I need help on deciding on which microprocessor or microcontroller is best suitable for working in this project. Any recommandation is appreciated.

Also, I want to know the difference between PIC and AVR controllers, their strength and weakness, performance, technology, advantages, and disadvantages...etc.

rtl8029as avr

use atmel at89c52 with embeded tcp/ip chip or module from wiznet.
this is a very good and cost effective solution.
also the time to market is also very less.
hock

Atmel provides a TCP/IP stack designed for ATmega 64/128 devices for free

Please search forum before open a topic:

I surfed around on the net, and I found CS8900A and RTL8029AS are two Ethernet MAC chip, then I turned something a lot of people are talking about, the W3100A Hardwired Internet Connectivity Chip, what are the difference between a Ethernet MAC and this chip?

the w3100a chip is an ASIC that handle all of the low level interface for you. they provide source code drivers that are designed to look like winsock. very easy to use.

does this mean that we have write the TCP/IP stack ourself using for example a CS8900A?

btw, what does ASIC stand for?

skyglin said:
btw, what does ASIC stand for?

ASIC = application specific integrated circuit
-> a IC which is made for one special application

hello!

Use Rabbit 2200 module with embeded tcp/ip chip
This is a very good and low cost and effective solution.

Hi everyone,
I have a circuit but there're a few problem that I can't understand it.
I'd like to transfer data from AVR to PC : the way to program AVR .

my email is : luongvinhphu1003@yahoo.com
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.