Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microphone connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

veiledcavalier

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
microphone to adc

elsalam 3alykom ,

i have a problem in apart of project ,
i need to connect the Microphone to the µcontroller ADC and then get the output
on LEDs ( as an equalizer ),

i donn't know how to connect the Mic. correctly to the ADC.

i need help.

V E I L E D C A V A L I E R

0-5v microphone

U would need a sensor to convert the voice from the microphone to enable the adc of the uc to detect.based on the different voltage,ur led will emit accordingly..look for voice/sound sensor

www.fresnell.com
www.rscomponent.com

connect microphone to adc

All what you need to do is to build a microphone preamplifier which will amplify signal from your microphone to the level required by the ADC, for example 0-5V ..
Ideally, the dc component should be around 2.5V with imposed signal from the microphone of +/-2.5V around it, so the resultant signal is from 0V to 5V (no sigal from microphone = 2.5Vdc) ..

Here are some examples:
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Regards,
IanP

To connect microphone to ADC you require a preamplifier. A simple preamplifier with transistor BC547 connect ur mic input to the base use a coupling capacitor .47MicroF
drive using 4.5 V Power and use 220Ohm collector resistor and10k Base resistor and the o/p taken from collector terminal feed into A/D input

Status
Not open for further replies.