Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microcontroller for LCD800X600

Status
Not open for further replies.

amirke

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

I need to design a system to control an graphical LCD 800 X 600 with 16bit color depth for each pixel.

My LCD will display a running graph on 1/3 of the screen area and some indications (numbers) in the other areas.

How can I know if the Controller (with an integrated LCD controller) can handle the job ?

thanks,
Amirke

How can I know if the Controller (with an integrated LCD controller) can handle the job ?

The manufactures usually specify an integrated display controller and its specifications within its datasheet and product selector tools.

The NXP LPC1788 is one such MCU which could meet your requirements:

**broken link removed**

Some other devices from the NXP ARM family with integerated display controllers are:

LPC1850, LPC247X, LPC325X and LPC4300.

Of course there are other devices available from numerous manufactures, the LPC family just happens to be the family I'm most familiar.

BigDog

Reactions: amirke

amirke

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks Bigdog,

But there is a problem with Cortex M3/4 : It is not meant for multimedia.
Although my application is not movie or complicated GUI, I need to display a continuous graph with 30FPS.

I was told that Cortex is not recommended for multimedia application.

How can I know if this ARM controller can handle my graphics ?

Amirke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back