Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Method for designing a multi-focus reflector

Status
Not open for further replies.

targal

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello fellas,

I wonder if there is a proper method to design a multi-focus (multi-beam) reflector (only for Rx purpose). I mean, is it possible to design it on a electromagnetic simulation software?
In case of designing that kind of antenna, how could we define feed network? As you know there are tons of LNB's with integrated feeds and I confused about considering their gain.

Thanks,
Targal.

Re: MultiFocus Reflector

Yes, this is a great efforts to design multi focus reflector.

Re: MultiFocus Reflector

As we can see many multi-focus dishes for satellite TV, with up to 5 LNBs pointed each to a distinct satellite, such system works. To understand it better, you should find antenna designer(s) who did it.
In Europe, they rather use a good offset dish optimized for one LNB, and select a satellite by mechanically reposition the antenna. A multi-focus dish is a compromise between a fixed-position dish and multiple satellites to each of them a special LNB is installed.
If a satellite fails (or ceases to serve at a particular service), there is nothing to do but disconnect the LNB used with it. Multi-focus systems cannot be modified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back