Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Memory problem - FEKO and CST on core 2 quad 2.4, 2GB ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

waseem44

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Meomry problem

Anyone plz help me I m running FEKO and CST on my core 2 quad 2.4, 2GB ram
and having memory problem it takes a huge time for some applications. Will enhancing the ram to 8 or 6GB will solve the problem or what is the solution.
any body plz answer urgently.
waseem

Meomry problem

Please describe the model you are simulating?

Meomry problem

Also depending the OS you've got: a 32bit OS will never allocate more than 2 GB of memory per thread.
So, maybe, switch to 64 bits OS if you'd like to use more memory.
Another solution might be parallel computing, I don't know if it's possible with FEKO !?

Regards

Re: Meomry problem

It depends on application features. When you use Method of Moments code and matrix is so large, that does not fit into available RAM the application might use out-of-core solver and solve problem automatically dividing matrix by parts, store non-used parts on HDD, solve part, store results, take another part and so on to combine them further in solid result. Such solution is quite effective. Another possibility is that application tries to load whole matrix in memory and Windows starts to operate with OS swap file - in this case application works in standard way, but windows operations with memory-swap data transmission are so uneffective that performance of such simulation becomes very bad. Please check, if your problem is not solved such way using system virtual memory.

If you will increase memory in computer this will help in case if you are using 64-bit OS and 64-bit application, supporting large memory volume. But again, if problem will require more memory than you have the same situation with swap file usage might be repeated.

You can try **broken link removed** supporting 64-bit OS and multi-core CPUs usage for your problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back