Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MELABs or MikroEngineering ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

metal

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
melabs

Hello

Any one worked on basic for PICs, and can tell which is better to buy, PICBASIC Pro or Mikrobasic.

Please, I don't want comparisons between prices, I want comparisons based on experience, and logical reasons, which one is easier to learn, the one that offers better options and services, no short answers like "Some one" is better,ok.

Kind day

glcd mickrobasic example

i think the picbasic pro is much better because it already in the market for sometime so there are many author wrote books for picbasic pro while mickrobasic still very and not much engineering knew about it yet.

mikrobasic vs picbasic

(Mikrobasic is produced by mikroElektronikas, not MikroEngeenering)
I have expirience in both compilers. From my point of view, mikrobasic is better than Pic Basic Pro. In other way it will not become so important on the market, just for 6-7 months. You can not compare two comilers if you only take into account books, and history.

Pic Basic Pro:
Good:
Pic Basic Pro has good code optimization, it is already on the market, bugs free. Many people has used to work with it. Good forum support.
Bad:
Unfortunattely it seems there is no some significant effort to improve its performance(too long time intervals between versions, with no much new things).Like it has used all posibilities.

Mikrobasic:
Good
Lot of built in functions that significantly speed up your projects. There are routines for graphic LCD, CAN, Compact Flash, RF ... data conversion...
You can easily write your own functions with arguments in mikrobasic, which is impossible with pbp.
There will be more, and more improovements in future versions - floating point, ethernet .. nice future...
Buit in simulator, and project statistics where you can see size of all procedures.
Also has good forum support.
There is mikroPascal(soon mikroC, and mikrodsPic), with almost same IDE.
Free on-line book .
Bad
In current version, there is no ICD support. Some early versions were buggy, but current seems to be OK.
In some casses generated code can be bigger than in PBP, but it is not general rule, because there are also another examples.

mikrobasic ethernet

Hello,

what do you think about Proton+. I think it is better then all other. I use it since over a year. Before I súsed PBP.

Klemm

www.mikroengineering.com

For me it is more similar to mikrobasic than PBP, but I dont like its IDE.

compilador pbp v2.47

Hello

Good point of views, but is it worth to buy a software that you have to buy its upgrade, even if melabs doesn't issue lots of upgrades, but it costs 299$.

Another point on books for Mikorbasic, there you can find a book, but online.

Regards

proton melabs

yes there is an online freebook

**broken link removed**

proton basic me labs

mikrobasic upgrades are free (for now)

proton vs melabs

Hello

You expect when mikrobasic becomes as famous as PICBASIC Pro, mikroengineering will make their updates for money too !!!

mikrobasic et picbasic pro

You may want to look at Crownhill Proton v2.15. I have used PBP and Proton. I prefer Proton. One reason is on 18f452 chips, Proton allows the use of high and low interrupts where as PBP doesn't.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Enigma460

convert pic basic pro mikrobasic

If you want to master programming pic in basic downlaod this book from uplaod and dowlaod section.

the name of the book is : microcontroller project book by john iovine

melabs forum

hassana said:
the name of the book is : microcontroller project book by john iovine

this book was written for picbasic and picbasic pro not for mikrobasic

mikrobasic vs picbasic pro

metal said:
Hello

You expect when mikrobasic becomes as famous as PICBASIC Pro, mikroengineering will make their updates for money too !!!

No,
I am sure that upgrades will be free in the future, because there are also other compilers on the market...like proton basic, and so on...
Time with one dominant compiler has been passed.

(microenggineering Labs makes editor for Pic Basic Pro (micro Code Studio), and does not have any connection with mikroelektronika that makes mikrobasic)

mikroengineers

Hello

But I want to ask, why is PICBASIC Pro the most spread one, eventhough its updates are not free.

I heard from a friend, and upset one, working with PICBASIC Pro, that some libraries for new pics are not available, though, he has to update his version, thats what he said.

I still can't make my mind up, I don't know...

mikroengineer

metal said:
Hello

But I want to ask, why is PICBASIC Pro the most spread one, eventhough its updates are not free.

I heard from a friend, and upset one, working with PICBASIC Pro, that some libraries for new pics are not available, though, he has to update his version, thats what he said.

I still can't make my mind up, I don't know...

Everything is simple. Pic Basic has released its first version long time ago, when were not so much high level languages for microcontrollers.
It became very populer because it is simple (much easier than C) and powerful. It opened door for begginers, which means lot of people.

picbasic to mikrobasic

Also the developers of Picbasic pro (MeLabs) have much more experience than anyone else since they are in the subject some years before the rest, hence the package is now bugs free as compared to simillar compilers.

There are also many books written about it that you can find on net and some are available at EDA board, here if u make some search.

books on pic 24 in mikrobasic

Hello

I have found one book for PICBASIC Pro, its called experimenting with picbasic pro .....

Its advanced book, I think PIC Projects Book is much better as it starts from zero, but unfortunatelly, its for PICBASIC Compiler.

I think I am going to buy PICBASIC Pro, thank you guys for the help...

Last thing tomention, if there are books the teach you PICBASIC Pro as PIC Projects Book does, please give its name.

Kind day

compare pic basic pro and mikrobasic

in my opinion picbasic-pro is the best. Because there are lots of example design with it on internet.

mikrobasic upgrade compiler

i saw some good book for picbasic pro in the upload and download section

1. pic robotics by John Iovine
2. programming picmcu with basic

both books are features picbasic and pro version
the pic microcontroller project second edition with picbasicpro chapter

mikrobasic upgrades free

Hello

I have already downloaded the PIC PROJECTS BOOK, but unfortunatelly, I can't find the first book, can you please provide a link...

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back