Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

meet error when insert filler cell

Status
Not open for further replies.

llucyy

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
when i finish route in icc,use the insert_stdcell_filler command to insert filler cell, the tool reports :
Error: cell *** was not placed on row
also in the log it says there are 52 cells are overlaps or not placed on row,is anyone meet this error before? how to fix it

helo ,

I dont know about ICC , I know cadence EDI ,
we have one command like refinePlace -preserverouting true (it's refine the overlaps cells ,without touching the previous nets )
can you try similar type command in ICC also....

try running "check_legality -verbose" , this will give overlapping cells.

then "legalize" placement of those overlapping cells & proceed with the flow

Hi,

The Error you are getting because of some cells which are fixed and not on placement grid.

To fix this Error
1. check_legality -verbose
2. check the cells which are overlapping or fixed and not on placement grid.
3. unfix the cells and place them on grid. Again fix them
4. If they are overlapping, remove overlaps.
5. place the fillers.

thanks,i used the check_legality -verbose command,and sure that all the cells are placed in row with no overlaps,but there are some macros that are not placed on grid,does this affect insert filler stadard cell? also when i use the command :insert_stdcell_filler with the option -respect_keepout that error occured and no filler cell insert,but without this option,this warning appeared but stdcell filler can be insert。

but around the macro you should have added blockage, isn't it?.
But absence of blockage around the macro also may be the reason.
please check this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back