Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Measuring room temperature & temperature regulator with 8051 microcontroller using lm35 temperature sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirito378

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all! I recently started learning assembly language and for a project requirement, I wish to make a temperature regulator for a fan in Proteus VSM{simulation}, using assembly language (in keil software).
I only know the basics like how to interface 8051 with 7 segment LCD. And when I tried looking for assembly language codes on the internet for this project, they are written in embedded C. Is there any website/video/wiki which explains how to implement this in assembly language?

Please could anyone help /guide me in this regard? It would really mean a lot to me and I would really appreciate it!

Basically you have to set up A/D converter to measure the LM35 voltage and convert its 10 mV / Degree K into C
or F.

The A/D part fairly straightforward, reading writing some registers, the math a little more involved, especially in
ASM.

Take a look around web how A/D was used to get started. ASM is fairly rugged new learner stuff, but actually
very basic in its operations, easy to understand what an instruction does. But creating "larger" human interface
stuff, learning addressing in ASM and the like, is involved.

When I first tackled a new processor back in 70's first thing I did was write from scratch an easy project, like
a time of day clock. And built from there. Point being climb stairs before trying Everest. And I read the instruction
set several times at night to get some of it "stuck" on my wall like gum. Then light bulbs began to turn on in my
IQ of 10 brain pan.

Regards, Dana.

Hi,

I recommend to start drawing a flow chart.
And to decide the timing.
Divide the task into smaller tasks.
Then try to write code. Little pieces. Test the little pieces.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back