Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

measuring permitivity substrate

Status
Not open for further replies.

nf707

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello to all
as you know, there are some methods to determine Complex permittivity such as measurements on the RLC Bridge, waveguide measurement, measurement in cavity resonators, measurement in free space and measurements on planar resonant structure.
i designed a ring resonator in hfss but how to extract data from it?View attachment ring.rar

Last edited:

The extraction of material parameters in simulation or otherwise from SRRs is well discussed in the literature. A simple Google search reveals many of these documents.

You seems to be familiar with these methods - what is the issue?

thanks for your reply
but i have a question
this picture is the S parameter of ring resonator . How can i exploit the permitivity? ring resonator.jpg

Last edited:

Hi nf707,

As is well documented in the literature, you will require both magnitude and phase of the scattering parameters for material parameter extraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back