Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Measure of speed of a robot at any particular instant of time simultaneously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ishwanku

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How can we measure the instantaneous speed of robot directly with much effect in construction of it? else what device we need to measure the instantaneous speed of the robot?

Where you want to have data on robot display, robot eeprom-SD Card, or at remote PC-hand held device?

Its big difference who measuring, from where, and what measuring.

What robot type and design, robot have wheels ?

For me best way is to measure and get informations locally on robot, and that information to send over WiFi-Bluetooth.

Best regards,
Peter

:wink:

I want to have on robot display .i want a have display device through which we can measure it directly as the robot moves.The robot is made from microcontrolller concept. I just want to measure the rut instantly as the robot moves ahead.

- - - Updated - - -

It is also a embedded type robot and wheels are like a usual toy car.

The problem is that the speed of movement is relative to some external structure, like room wall.

If you wish to make such sensor simple, use an IC accelerometer and connect an integrator; The result is acceleration over time, or speed. No external reference is necessary. Such devices are used in cell phones or game consoles.

For precise speed measurement you will need a 3D sensor, possibly ultrasonic, to generate Doppler signal(s) relative to room walls or a specific reflector located to be detected by all sensors during a movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back