Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MCU with PN532 Chip - Microcontroller Beginnings

Status
Not open for further replies.

codedawg

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Everyone, I'm a novice starting a project to create my own prototype to create a simple NFC reader. I wanted some design advice from the pro community in this matter. I know that I will need an MCU connected to a PN532 but there are a few goals I'm not sure how to address:
1) I want to be able to reprogram/update the MCU program for the PN532 numerous times - aka firmware updates(?) --- how would I accomplish this? Basically I would to be able to wipe some sort of bootable memory, possibly, and replace it with an updated version of the program for the PN532.
2) I was thinking of using this breakout board (https://www.adafruit.com/products/364) for the PN532, but I'm not sure what combination microcontroller and compiler to use - I know C, and I believe I can be a quick study on C++.

Does anybody have any basic reprogrammble MCU to sensor/chip tutorials I could reference? Or maybe I'm heading in the wrong direction?

Status
Not open for further replies.