Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MC68HC711E20CFN3 Upgrade path?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oddbudman

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey there ppl.

Currently the company I'm working for is using the motorolla MC68HC711E20CFN3
(68hc11 family - 52pin plcc version) uC on on one of its products. We are looking for a flash based alternative that can offer a simple upgrade solution. The product is programmed entirely in ASM so if we can do the upgrade with minimum firmware modification it would be of great benefit.

Can anyone offer suggestions on what controllers I should be looking at.

We need one with >20k program space.

Look foward to some replies.

thx,
oddbudman

oddbudman said:
Hey there ppl.

Currently the company I'm working for is using the motorolla MC68HC711E20CFN3
(68hc11 family - 52pin plcc version) uC on on one of its products. We are looking for a flash based alternative that can offer a simple upgrade solution. The product is programmed entirely in ASM so if we can do the upgrade with minimum firmware modification it would be of great benefit.

Can anyone offer suggestions on what controllers I should be looking at.

We need one with >20k program space.

Look foward to some replies.

thx,
oddbudman

I would look at the HC08. Don't know your application or if you use the HC11 specific instructions.
Should be fairly painless port.

Regards

I would stay with Motorolla uC.

as solvarg said motorola (new name freescale) hc08 family is very popular(it deserve this) now. but i don't think that it will be easy to migrate this mcu for you...but you don't have another choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.