Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MAX2771 digital output processing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahmedalboshra

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am working on reading an External 3 bit parallel CMOS ADC (44MSPS) digital output through teensy 4.0/4.1 or /STM32 boards , my only concern if the boards can handle this amount of samples then print them in the IDE serial monitor in directly in real time ?
I have CLK_OUT pin from the ADC can I use it to synchronize the ADC parallel bits with them ?
the datasheet of board that is used with ADC is MAXI2771: https://datasheets.maximintegrated.c...ds/MAX2771.pdf.

Ahmed

Hi,

my only concern if the boards can handle this amount of samples then print them in the IDE serial monitor in directly in real time ?
You are talking about 44 MSamples/s. Right?
But what is the interface ? and what is the IDE? and what serial monitor do you use?

Klaus

Hi,

You are talking about 44 MSamples/s. Right?
But what is the interface ? and what is the IDE? and what serial monitor do you use?

Klaus
The ADC can go up to 44Msample/s but I will probably use 4-8 MS/S for the GPS L1 band only.
I am not sure yet for the teensy the Arduino programming interface IDE is used to program the board and print into it serial interface.
As for the STM32 board I am not sure about the interface yet.

How can you tranmsmit data without knowing which interface you are using?

Klaus
for the STM32H750 microprocessor we can use keil u vision
yet it is very complicated compared to teensy
the STM32H7 boards are considered faster than teensy thats why I think about using it.

Hi,

"Keil" is no interface...

So you can´t tell whether you are using Ethernet, USB, UART, SPI .... I´m confused.

Klaus

Hi,

"Keil" is no interface...

So you can´t tell whether you are using Ethernet, USB, UART, SPI .... I´m confused.

Klaus
aha okay
for the teensy there are 2 options (USB2.0) or ethernet , I want to use ethernet to be able to use the tcp/ip for direct real time processing.
for the STM32H750 I will use ethernet .

Hi,

The data rate for USB 2.0 is 480 MBit/s. (but payload will be much less)
There are different Ethernet standards. Don´t know which one you want to use. Also TCP/IP needs some overhead, too.

Arduino serial monitor is for ASCII data. And it is human readable.

Can you tell me how you want to read with your eyes and process in our mind 4 ... 8 million datasets per second.
So the serial monitor display surely is the smaller problem.

Klaus

Hi,

There are different Ethernet standards. Don´t know which one you want to use. Also TCP/IP needs some overhead, too.

Can you tell me how you want to read with your eyes and process in our mind 4 ... 8 million datasets per second.

Klaus
Hi,

Klaus
my intention is to stream the digital data over TCP/IP from the board to the PC then ill do direct processing to extract GPS PVT

Status
Not open for further replies.