Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MATLAB with ADS Interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manjularamkumar

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have an algorithm in Matlab code and this algorithm needs output from ADS and input from Matlab to ADS.

How to link both Matlab and ADS.

Please give any tutorials for implementing this.

It is very urgent.

dear I do not know what is ADS
can you please explain it.
If it is software you can out it on serial port
and take input to MATLAB via serial port.
serial is command in MATLAB.

dear I do not know what is ADS
can you please explain it.
If it is software you can out it on serial port
and take input to MATLAB via serial port.
serial is command in MATLAB.

ADS(Agilent Design System) is a software. I couldnt understand.
As far as i know, ADS - Matlab cosimulation is possible.
But I dont know , how to interface and simulate.

Please explain it.

I have seen. Some modulated signals generated by matlab (Simulink) and is given to ADS.

In my case, some algorithm in matlab code. this algorithm is generated the inputs to ADS system. also the ADS is produced the output and fed back to matlab.

Is this possible in cosimulation. Any example related to this.

have you searched ADS and Matlab Directories to any possible link to what you are asking? as i see there is a lot of documentation related to ADS and Matlab interface, i guess you have not properly searched don't look for examples straightaway understand first is it possible what are you trying to do? if you understood basic understanding you will not need an example. there is one other related page HERE
and more importantly kindly elaborate clearly and completely what is the content of the file that you are going to enter in ADS are those filter coefficients gain parameters or what waht module you will be using in ADS for simulation and also the file content of the output from ADS??

Thank for your reply.

I have an optimization algorithm in Matlab (.M file), In ADS, I have an amplifier. The amplifier produces gain (output). This gain value is compared with the goal in Matlab. If It is not met, generate another set of input parameters from matlab to amplifier.
I want to do using Matlab-ADS interface.

Is this possible?

The Doc that I have attached earlier shows the way of importing '.m' file in ADS and then creating a schematic model for it follow it in the end you would have a model that you can now place in schematic and that has your Matlab parameters, I assume simulating that model for S parameter you can then have a gain (S21) now importing back to Matlab you should see this link give it a try and see what happens!!!

Thanks for your mail.Ill try. Before that, i tried to simulate an amplifier in DSP window (DF controller simulator). but i dont know , how to get the s-parameters and output power ?. Please tell me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back