Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MATLAB code for PSD plot and SNR of Sigma Delta Modulators

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsuarez

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
power spectral density matlab

Here is a simple but good MATLAB code to obtain the Power Spectral Density (PSD) plot of Sigma Delta Modulators. It also computes de Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR) in dB. An example data is included with instructions on how to use it. Any questions please let me know.

George

sigma delta modulator matlab

gsuarez said:
Here is a simple but good MATLAB code to obtain the Power Spectral Density (PSD) plot of Sigma Delta Modulators. It also computes de Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR) in dB. An example data is included with instructions on how to use it. Any questions please let me know.

George

hi George
could you please help me?

how to simulate a third order delta sigma modulator for fractional N frequency synthesizer to reduce fractioal spurs?

nahid

hi gsuarez,

Great code! It's exactly what I was looking for.

However, I'm getting an error while simulating it. Here's the command I'm using to simulate this,

frequency_plot(sc_out, 2.56e6, 1, 4, 1, 10000,1,1,3,0)

and here's the error,

??? Attempted to access temp(0); index must be a positive integer or logical.

Error in ==> snrflx_v2 at 117
f1=temp(templ)-1;

Error in ==> frequency_plot at 42
[snrdb,fundf,fout,xfout]=snrflx_v2(xt1,fs,tn,bin,f1,f2,win,dc);

Can you please help?

Re: power spectral density matlab

wat do u mean by multiple of base 2? is it a bit stream? sorry for askin this

Re: power spectral density matlab

George

Dear George'
Thanks for uploading the code. but I think this code is suitable only for real sigma delta modulators.
I need a MATLAB code to plot the PSD for a quadrature sigma delta modulator. Can u provide the same to me???

Status
Not open for further replies.