Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Masters in computer engineer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

comp_freak

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Everyone,

I have Bachelors degree in computer engineering and working as software engineer since past one year. I am planning to do further studies. I am planning to do part-time masters degree in computer engineering? Is it a good idea? Or should I just study book and learn more about software development on my own? Any advice or your tips from your past experience will be helpful.

Thank you,

comp_freak

IF you have a JOB right now don't quit it .Stay where you are .Master in computer science don't mean any thing anymore .But if you can study while continue working
Then my son i give you the OK .This year is not a good idea to be making BIG DECITIONS ..Keep your job and SO SOME TRAINING on the side .
COmputer MASTER is nothing .By the time you FINISH .TECHNOLOGY has MOVED so quickly that if you can't find a job to practice it you will BE OBSOLETE .

Hey Hltonjohn,

Thanx for your respond. Well I am planning to continue work full time and do masters in part-time. Isn't having master can help me move fast to upper level? Or is it experince that count most?

A Master degree is a step towards specialization in a particuliar area. Here in the USA this degree is sought by forein students .They can come to this country and later look for a job.But this days nobody is hiring ,so students are pursuing Phds and some are going back home.
Phd is another category .The degree is supposed to trained you to do RESEARCH.
In this days people are looking for teaching positions .But is also getting crowded.
Do your master if you can continue working .master is no big deal !
some of the FIELDS whre there is demand of trainned engineers is the GAME industry and the systems SECURITY area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back