Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Market in Singapore for Analog IC design

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaba

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
analog design companies singapore

Hi,

I am an analog IC design engineer with 4 yrs of experience in power electronics IC (and 2 yrs of experience is application level power electronics design, before that). I am a competent engineer with many chips fabricated. I am working in Singapore. With this kind of experience how much should my monthly salary be in Singapore?

Also what would my monthly salary be in a country like India or China?

Your replies are much appreciated.

Warmest regards,
kabab

singapore ic design salary

I am not sure about salary in Singapore.

Salary in China is not great - only around 10000RMB per month on average for an analog IC designer. This salary is good if you live in China, but poor compared with the rest of the world. Remember that China's living standard is a lot lower than the Western world, so don't expect the salary to be high.

I think if you are in UK/US, your salary will be a lot higher. After tax you probably get around $60000 per year, and this may be a lot higher if you are an experienced designer with a good track record.

Added after 1 hours 28 minutes:

A friend of min also waid that Asia is NOT a good place for IC designer due to a lack of IC design company.

ic design forum in singapore

tcfk2,

Thanks for your reply! It is true that IC design seems to only be well paid in the US.

I have flexibility of movement but I would prefer to stay in Singapore because I like the country. Sadly engineers are not paid well here compared to other professions here. My total pay (all incl) is about 4500 singapore dollars a mth (for your reference)

Here an engineer is an engineer - there is no special distinction between analog IC, digital, or even PCB engineer, or "product" engineer - even though there jobs have different levels of difficulty. I find this unfair.

Thanks for the info on China. The pay is indeed pretty low and I can't speak the language. But thank you for your reply.

PS : Why is this board so quiet? Is there a better forum to ask this kind of question?

Warmest Regards,
kabab

analog ic designer salary india

Perhaps a managerial career has a better prospect?? For example, manage a team of engineers?

This section of the forum is quieter. I would be interested to know if there are similar forums.

Terence

analog design salaries

2 kaba:

It's interesting to learn more about in Singapore
Some questions: do you have any other indirect benifits except this salary? what are the taxes (typically) for such salary? What are typical accomodation expenses? Any chance to have "expat--like" contract for a foreign engineer (with provided accomodation etc)?

Thanks!

analog design range of salary in singapore

The salary in China would be more than that, fresh graduates with master degree will get about 8k*14/year, and with 4 years analog design experience, I think the salary would be above 200k. But still, it's lower than in Singapore:)

tcfk2 said:
Salary in China is not great - only around 10000RMB per month on average for an analog IC designer. This salary is good if you live in China, but poor compared with the rest of the world. Remember that China's living standard is a lot lower than the Western world, so don't expect the salary to be high.

Added after 1 hours 28 minutes:

I can say singapore is not the right place to do IC Design.
There are only 10 -12 companies. And then there are many graduates coming out of universities say 100 per year with ic design as their major. In terms of quality, I cannot comment.
So the companies can chose from a bigger pool and there is no dearth of the required talent for the kind of work done here.
So Supply Vs demand rules applies here like demand is less supply is more.

What all are IC design Analog companies in Singapore any names .. ?

Hi Kaba,
Are you interested in moving to a different company in Singapore. I know , one company which is recruiting analog designers. If interested, pls reply to omega66@rediffmail.com. I will let you know the details.

omega66.

that's crazy...if there is no distinctions between digital/analog or even pcb designer's salary it could only mean that the jobs that's been done in Singapore is comparatively easy. Analog design is far more difficult than other design jobs therefore it is usually better paid unless the job content is too easy such that anyone with little analog knowledge can fill it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back