Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Magnetization Branch in a transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

madeza

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How can I calculate the magnetization branch, I mean magnetization resistance and reactance. My only data is the nameplate of transformer: Apparent Power, Primary and secondary voltage, X/R ratio

Thanks for your support

Can you carry out test on the transformer? If you're allowed to do so, may be you can find the parameters via open- and short-circuit tests.

i is not possible to fine transformer megnetizing branch value from nameplate of the transformer. it can only be calculated from open / short circuit tests.

ok buddies, but I can't carry out any test... It`s a big size transformer 168MVA and the only data available is the nameplate... well, thanks for your replies...

It is not possible without doing open circuit and short circuit test on transformer.

Umesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back